 Marketplace / Shopping / 8120
Re: Slow Out of the Gate with Harry Potter Sets:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 02:18:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
  Does this evaluation vary anywhere else in the USA?  Can we add to
  these categories for the general edification of the .shopping crowd?

  thanks,

  LFB

Pretty much...  just about every WM has at least one of the HP sets. Although I
cannot recall any of them having the entire spread. So far, I have seen the
large HP lego set in only one store (my local store, go fig, the only set they
have). K-Marts all appear to be in the midst of fall toy reset.  Aisles are
chok-full of merchandise being rearranged. No HP sets sighted there as yet.

Need to recon a few TRUs next week.

Ray

Wal-Mart in Riverside CA had all sets (Castle, Train, Hut, Corridor, Keys,
Dungeon, Mirror, Sorting Hat, Classroom, Gryf. Tower, and Diagon Shop) on
Oct. 1 and 2 (I cleaned 'em out on Castles:).  I don't know about other
stores, but I did not look as one store close to work had everything!  TRU I
don't really care as I don't shop there, KB will have them later (as usual).
Target had only two Trains at one store, KMart had zip.  In all, the sets
are very cool and one of my Castles had a odd Hagrid hair element.  Hair
with no beard!  So that will be my Rock 'n Roll hair piece from now on (LEGO
was kind enough to replace it too).  No other problems encountered.
-Aaron-