 Marketplace / Shopping / 8097
Re: Slow Out of the Gate with Harry Potter Sets:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 01:57:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  As per may experience here in NJ:

  In the FAST corner (already have sets and are sold out), we have
  so far:

   Wal-Mart
   Toys-backward-"R"-Us
   LEGO S@H fulfillment :(  (Most sets are backordered into November.)

  In the SLOW corner (don't have sets yet, but expect them imminently),
  we have:

   Target
   K-Mart
   (Ames, I hear)

  Aaaand finally, in the "They say maybe by November 15th we'll have
  some" category:

   K-B family of stores
   Zany Brainy / Noodle Kidoodle

  Does this evaluation vary anywhere else in the USA?

Yes.  In the hinterlands of Northern California T-backwardR-U is in the slow
category.

  Can we add to
  these categories for the general edification of the .shopping crowd?

Yes again.  Perhaps it could be called the "hopeless waste of time don't even
bother" category.  I was passing through the catalog center of a JCPenney today
(something I only admit because I am an advocate of the further enlightenment
of the .shopping crowd myself) and browsed their Holiday catalog looking for
LEGO, and I found a total of four sets. The only HP set was Hogwarts Castle.
And they want $99.99 for it!  And one of the only other three LEGO sets they
offered was 6776 Ogel Control Center!  And they had two Best Lock sets and two
Knex sets on the same page!  (FYGE the other two Lego sets were 4610 Jack Stone
Aqua Rescue Super Station and Bob the Builder Scoop and Muck's Washdown.)

I did not verify the availability of any of these.

Maggie C.