 Marketplace / Shopping / 8064
8063  |  8065
Subject:
Small Wal-Marts and Lego product.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:32:35 GMT

The question: are small Wal-Mart stores scalling back on Lego

Background: on my various buying circuits, I visit WalMarts of all sizes, from
the newest mega-centers, to the original small town WalMarts. The other day, I
visited one of those 'original' stores and found that there was almost no Lego
product. The only item with a shelf slot was one of the creator buckets. Nor was
there any Duplo / Primo being sold there. Everything that remained, including
some of the small Ogel sets, were on an end-cap being clearanced. At another
store, the toy dept had product, but no shelf slots for it. All of the newer
Lego product was stuffed up on an overhead. I asked the toy dept lady about
that, but she showed a desire not to want to discuss the subject other than
"they didn't give me any palce to put it". Two other 'original' stores did have
the usual small-store stock of Lego product.

Anyone else noticing this ?

Ray