 Marketplace / Shopping / 7946
7945  |  7947
Subject:
Ames (was Re: LEGO shopping in Maine)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 20:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Troy Cefaratti writes:
no Target stores here.  There ARE Ames stores, which we don't have, but I
wasn't impressed with their offerings ($79.99 sets cleared to $79.00 and • $29.99
sets cleared to $29.00-- I know someone here has mentioned this before).

While this looks pretty bad by itself, Ames periodically will run a "50% off
all red ticketed items" sale, and then this becomes a decent deal.

Speaking of Ames...they annouced today that they are closing some stores.
A total of 47 nationally, (15 in Ohio - Troy!).

The news report I saw said they were starting immediate markdowns.

Happy Shopping!

Julie