 Marketplace / Shopping / 7177
7176  |  7178
Subject:
What?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:00:19 GMT

Hey Y'all:

It is a bad day for the Lego Curmudgeon...

Some months back I ordered and parted out 20-25 sets of #4811 Defense
Archer. 18 of the heads were blurry and otherwise misprinted -- for example,
the beard printed so low on the head that it actually wasn't printed on at
all.  So today I called the S@H Consumer Affairs people and was told that
they would send me a special mailer in which to mail back the items I wanted
replaced.  Fine, no problem...

But isn't this an unprecendented request on their part?

I have never been asked to send back anything before!  And already I have
become very lax about element quality even out of an MISB box because I am
too lazy to make the call to the Consumer Affairs dept.  Even the call I
placed today took me months to warm up to.  I dunno -- 18 bad heads out of
20-25 sets seemed egregiously bad quality control on their part, so I just
had to call them on it. Besides, I need good heads so I can scrape off the
hair leaving only the face, moustache, and beard!

--Hop-Frog