 Marketplace / Shopping / 7041
Re: TRU and MSRP+ pricing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:02:20 GMT

I was at our TRU today in Johnson City NY
and as an example they had "Cameraman"
from the Studios series for DOUBLE MSRP!
I ran out to my jeep got my Lego catalog and
spoke to the manager I flat out got told to buy
it from Lego cause they weren't going to price
match.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message
Has anyone else noted that TRU seems to be taking older sets and pricing • them
above what MSRP originally was ?

I was in a TRU the other day, way up on top of the shelf I noted a couple • of
Explorien sets. I got them pulled down and, to my surprise, they were • scanning
above MSRP ($2-$5 above). I had a chat with the store manager, she said • "Oh yes,
we want to be the place that still has those older toys when you can't • find them
anywhere else".  Hmmm...  almost seems like TRU has been paying attention • to
eBay, et al.

Ray