 Marketplace / Shopping / 6873
Re: 20% off @ Meijers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:36:45 GMT

Steve & All,

Well, the selection at the Cascade store was somewhat thinned out when I
stopped by there last night.  Lotsa shelf space, but not very much LEGO
occupying it.

The 2 stores around Ann Arbor are all right right now, they seemed to get in
more shipments. Doesn't take to Febuary though. I wonder if TLC is slowing
production to lower costs or something.

The part that really hurt was the endcap devoted entirely to Mega-Bloks • and
Best-Lock sets. :(

Yes, I saw some Best-Lock stuff there as well. Surprised. Must be doing
better than we would like to think. I definately think marketwise they are
building a lot better stuff than TLC, in terms of items (military, guns,
tanks, jeeps, fighters, etc. & realistic looking construction equipment, not
the usually Town Junior garbage) Too bad the brick quality is horrid, or I
think the competion would be there.

The Best-Lock (or is that Best-Lok? whatever) Excavator actually looks
pretty good, if you don't look too closely.  A close examination reveals
that those bricks don't look like the highest quality.

I thought it was neat they had both Caucasion and Americans of African
decent (Insert whatever politically correct term you like in here if this
does not float your boat) minifigs in there. I wonder if or when TLC might
approach it. I am not sure the TIE Fighter was a first step or not. I think
they were playing around, honestly.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years. I know
most of my purchases are revolving around special parts and bulk offerings.

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html