 Marketplace / Shopping / 6740
Re: More PayPal questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:13:09 GMT

Will Hess wrote:

It appears to have a limit of $250.  In order to raise this limit, they want
me to provide my bank account information.  Obviously, I'm hesitant to do
that since they could freely withdraw all my money.

Is there some other way to raise the (apparently cumulative) limit?  If I
send them a check, will they add that?

Sending a check would provide them with all the necessary bank account info.  If
you're willing to do that save yourself the hassle and just provide the info
now.  Besides, IIRC you'll never be able to use the Paypal funds in the real
world without setting up a bank account with them.

Not so. If you don't give them your bank info, they can't make electronic transfers

to your bank account - but they *can* still send you an old-fashioned check.  I've
done it twice.