 Marketplace / Shopping / 6735
    More PayPal questions —Brad Hamilton
   Hi, I just activated my PayPal account. It appears to have a limit of $250. In order to raise this limit, they want me to provide my bank account information. Obviously, I'm hesitant to do that since they could freely withdraw all my money. Is there (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: More PayPal questions —Scott Runkle
     PayPal cannot freely withdrawal money from your bank account. All electronic transfers have to be authorized, and the only one who authorizes the transaction is you. They merely setup the electronic connection to do so. I understand you may be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: More PayPal questions —Will Hess
   (...) Sending a check would provide them with all the necessary bank account info. If you're willing to do that save yourself the hassle and just provide the info now. Besides, IIRC you'll never be able to use the Paypal funds in the real world (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: More PayPal questions —Jeff Johnston
    (...) Not so. If you don't give them your bank info, they can't make electronic transfers to your bank account - but they *can* still send you an old-fashioned check. I've done it twice. J (23 years ago, 27-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.shopping)