 Marketplace / Shopping / 6330
Re: Target.com sales - lots of good deals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 02:18:40 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Sandlin writes:
Did you PAY full price for it, from Target?

No, but the person who gave it to me did.

From Target?  Then yeah, I'd say you have every right to return it to Target.

If not, wouldn't it be at least quasi-unethical to try to return it to
Target and get them to pay you full price for it?

Depends on your code of ethics. Is it unethical to buy a stock at a low
price and sell it at a high one?

We're not talking stock.  We're talking a Lego set.  If you (or anyone else)
buys a Lego set from Vendor X (for any price) I'd say it would be dishonest
to return it to Vendor Y (for any price).  Why should Y have to expend the
resources and labor to process a return for a product they never sold?

Do you think otherwise?

Uh, guess it depends on the answers to those questions.  If you bought it at
Target (and not at Wal-Mart for half off) then I wouldn't see anything
"sweet" about it - just good customer service.

If, however, you bought it at Wal-Mart (or ZB, I think they also had some
for half off) and tried to return it to Target (or any other retailer) for
full price I don't think I'd call that "sweet" - I'd call it dishonest.

What if you bought it somewhere for half off and then you sold it on, say,
eBay for more than what you paid for it? Is that dishonest also?

No, and I would hope you'd know why.

If you find 10 copies of a set at Target.com for 50% off would it be right
or wrong for you to "return" them to a local K-Mart for full price?  That
might be sweet, but in my book that would be wrong.