 Marketplace / Shopping / 6261
Re: Yet another Christmas Sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 15:37:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:

"Steve Borden" <sborden@mdc.net> wrote in message
Here is a link to the Zany Brainy coupon I received:

http://www.mdc.net/~sborden/zany.html

Unfortunately, I haven't found much of interest to use it on!  I was
at two ZB's in the New England area on Wednesday and today.  The only
LEGO items that were on clearance were Tunnel Transport and River
Expedition (I think those are the right names) which were 50% off.
There was no unadvertised special on the UCS X-Wing or Tie Fighter
at the stores I was at.  And unless I missed something, everything
else was full price.  Not much of a clearance sale, IMO.

But then, I got a large package from walmart.com today so I'm happy. :)

Steve Borden

Exact same is true for the Zany-Brainy in Raleigh, NC.  In fact, the LEGO
shelves are pretty barren.  So are the LEGO shelves at my local Wal-Mart.
At least in the Raleigh area LEGO is moving off the shelves.  One note about
the Zany-Brainy sale, while the printed flyer says that 5976 River
Expedition is on sale, the actual picture on the flyer is of 5986 Amazon
Ancient Ruins.  Now that would be a deal for $25 and an additional 20% off!
The Raleigh ZB does not have any 5986 anyway.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

There's some Lego on the shelves on my local Target but some of it is
already marked 30% off.  I'm holding on for bigger sales though, the Target
I was at today was near empty.  There are going to be some VERY large after
Christmas sales this year.  If this is what its like for Etoys, they aren't
going to survive the holidays.

Matt