 Marketplace / Shopping / 5735
Re: Back from Tuesday Morning...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:25:30 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:

I just returned from Tuesday Morning where believe it or not, I found
LEGOBack from Tuesday Morning - Trains!!!! Train sets!  Well sort of, I
found set 4525 Road N' Rail Repair (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4525) to be
exact, but still a find none the less!

I also found and bought the following:

5909 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5909_2 (x1)
4258 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4258 (x2)
4525 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4525 (x4)
6024 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6024 (x2)
6558 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6558 (x1)
6559 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6559 (x2)
6791 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6791 (x1)
2847 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2847 (x4)
6585 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6585 (x2)
5905 - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5905 (x3)

There was lots (a big-o-pile) of Duplo, a couple of Western Sets, some Time
Cruisers/Time Twisters, some Ninja, some Technic (mostly Cyber Slam), and a
bunch of last year's Wal-Mart value pack (@ $15).  Overall prices seem to be
50% off MSRP, not 75% off like I found quite a bit of last year.  Selection
was not as good either.

Most of what I bought will be broken up and put up on BrickBay, if there is
something in my list that you want let me know and I won't canabalize it.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
Greetings!
I too made it to my 3 closest Tuesday Morning stores this a.m.
I got there 20 minutes late and found only 1 set of 4525/Road N' Rail Repair.
Best deal were the 3758/35th Anniversary limited edition purple
buckets... 600 pieces for $4.99!
(were these from Canada? No silver bricks in these)
I also got a Preferred Customer e-mail today...
Coming November 30th, we secured an exceptional closeout
of famous marker toys from a well-knows Internet toy retailer.
In fact, we purchased their entire inventory, including
warehouse stock! You'll find Brio, Lego, Thomas the Tank,
Alex, Gund and many, many more. Teacher's aids, learning
toys, erector sets, plus infant and juvenile products are among
the items in this multi-million dollar buy. Mark this date on
your calendar to enjoy 50% to 80% off retail at the
Tuesday Morning store near you.

Looks like I'll be waiting outside the door at opening on Thursday Nov
30th  :)
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)  AOL AIM: TooMuchDewGMLTC