 Marketplace / Shopping / 5683
5682  |  5684
Subject:
eToys shipping rates - yuck!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:46:04 GMT

I just went to eToys.com to check out the lego-SW sale they have. I was
really excited over the prices, some really good sets are 50% off, and I
rushed to order them - seemed like a *great* deal.

That is, until I reached the checkout and saw the shipping prices. Sheesh!
The shipping added about 25% to my total cost. They tack on a base cost of
$3, plus $0.95 for *each* item. And that's *standard* shipping. Man. There
goes my excitement...

I might still buy those sets, but I wish they'd at least let you know
upfront what the shipping rates were. Maybe I wouldn't have bought them if I
knew the actual price. I hate those marketing tricks.

-Shiri