 Marketplace / Shopping / 5579
Re: 50% off Star Wars Value Packs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:38:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.az, Julie Krenz writes:
Star Wars Value Pack
X-Wing Vs. Tie-Fighter/Snowspeeder
Normal Price: 69.99
Sale Price: 34.99
Online Item Number: 116885

Phantom Menace Value Pack
Sith Infiltrator/Naboo Swamp
Normal Price: 39.99
Sale Price: 19.99
Online Item Number: 116915

These sets are available nationwide at the TRU stores. My local TRU had 3 of
the X-Wing Vs. Tie-Fighter/Snowspeeder sets this morning. *Had*

They have over a dozen of the sith/swamp sets. Still have them, I'm not sure I
could mentally handle parting out any more sith sets.

I found quite a few of both of these at the TRU on Kingston Pike today after
I early-voted (place was packed, which was good - and seeing the blind lady
and the lady in the wheelchair there made me think even less of able-bodied
people who don't vote, but that's a topic for another group...).

I picked up 7 of the Y-Wing (not X-Wing) vs Tie Fighter/Snowspeeder sets for
$34.99 each.  I left 9, I believe.  Had to get someone to pull them off the
WAY top shelf - none were stocked within reach.  Didn't buy any of the Sith
combo sets - left at least 15 of those.

I'll admit these were a decent deal - 50% off retail - right on the money
for me to feel ok about buying them.  And just in case anyone asks - I don't
have the time to spend picking any up to ship them - or at least not enough
time to do it for as low a markup as it would take to keep these a good deal.