 Marketplace / Shopping / 5574
Re: Jealous in the Mid-Hudson Valley (was Re: Why I Love K-Mart)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:42:56 GMT

Don't feel bad - Lego out here almost NEVER gets below 25% off, even at yearend
clearances, because everybody buys it at 20% off or so.

A good 75% or more of my deals have been online for the last year.  I wish it were
otherwise.

"David W. Speck" wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, James Simpson writes:
... the register rings it up as five dollas.  Doubletake!  Hey, can you hold
that for me?  I'll be right back!  I went and grabbed the other Gold City
Junction, and despite being marked down to $20, it rang up as $5 as well.

To all those that have had similar finds:

I hope you are proud of yourselves :o)  You keep making me cry, and my
coworkers don't understand why....   I've been searching, but I can never seem
to find the great deals here in "upstate" New York.  Big Lots has not had any
new Lego stock (but the copy-cats are filling the shelves).  Wal-Mart doesn't
have the big clearance prices that they do in PA (where I shop sometimes), and
the other stores just don't discount like I have seen in posts here.  The only
in-store sale I've been able to participate in was the Ames 75% Star Wars
mis-sale recently.  I've had to stick to searching on-line - but lately the
pickin's have been slim there also.  I hope there's a lot of pre and post
holiday sales in the next few months!

Is someone grabbing them all up before me??