 Marketplace / Shopping / 5286
Re: K-Mart at Valdosta, GA clearance update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.fl
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:20:28 GMT

Just as an addendum to this post. I went yesterday to the other two K-Marts
that are closing in GA (Stone Mtn. and Fayettville). They too are at 50% off,
but the selection is not quite as large (but mostly in the same ratios). The
stores, as one can imagine, were a mess, but it was kind of fun looking
through about 25 aisles to find all the lego deals.

One thing I noticed at these stores is that there were certain sets that the
50% off didn't apply too. For instance, the newest ninja, the amazon
adventurer sets, and the Star Wars sets. They were set by yellow sticker to
about 30%. But they have about 3 yellow stickers on top of each other. So, my
guess is that they assume these sets might still sell at the somewhat higher
prices and are waiting to put them on full clearance.

I plan to go back at least once or twice to see what new deals I can find.
After paying for school, my funds for Lego are limited, so there are plenty of
good deals left. The only things I cleared out were the Samurai Swordsman (I
bought 30 for $1.50).

One interesting note is that the Stn. Mtn. one had a ton of the Bat Lord's
Catapult set at $3. That was probably the only older set that appeared in
quantity. Each store had a smattering of older UFO and Western Sets, but
mainly the selection included sets from the last two years ('98-'99).

Email me if you have any specific questions. I didn't do a complete inventory,
but I have a general idea of what is there.

- Craig Livingston