 Marketplace / Shopping / 5075
Re: Wal-Mart Sale?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 04:07:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Richard Marchetti writes:

Yeah, I think it was you, some of the other details seem about right.  Me? I
was wearing my Psychic TV t-shirt and looking not at all well -- having this
terrible summer cold also made me a little less eager to socialize since I
hate making anyone else ill, and I was actually there to buy some medicine and
NOT lego.  At least that's what I tell myself...

I understand about the cold...I'm lucky, if I catch something, I usually manage
to blast through it in 6 - 18 hours, max. Most things I don't catch. Take 3
quarts of hot rum and call me in the morning! ;-)

Were all those sets gifts for your Russian geek pals, Paul? Or was it just the
kites?

The sets were for me, the kites are for the programmers at work - we release
out next version of the software on Tuesday; I'm going to try and get the
office out to the parking lot in the afternoon for a kite-flying session to
celebrate...

And you can squeeze the folks at Wal-Mart for another $5 per 7151 to make it
$15 a set.  That's what someone else had posted about in the SW newsgroup
earlier.

The asst. manager didn't mind, but he said he had to limit the markdowns he was
taking today. So i'll try again later in the week -- probably another 7150 and
a 7160; I have enough Sith boxes....

=)

It was a pleasure almost meeting you.

Likewise!! I'm sorry i was rushing, but I had to get back home before my wife
woke up and caught me shopping for Lego (again)  :-)

-- Richard

Paul S