 Marketplace / Shopping / 4794
4793  |  4795
Subject:
25% Off at Kay-Bee Outlet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:11:56 GMT

When I arrived at the Gilroy store Wednesday night,  it had a big sign in the
window announcing "25% off Lego".  And a *bunch* of boxes from a newly-arrived
shipment in the aisles.  Most of which wasn't Lego,  but which did include
one or two cartons each of most of the recently-discontinued Star Wars sets.

Most of the prices weren't too exciting,  pre-discount.  A few examples:

    Slave 1 for $15
    Pit Droid for $15
    Grey Plates Service Pack for $20

But,  after knocking off another 25% from that,  some are pretty tasty.

But,  the really hot deal was 4561s,  which arrived bearing $50 price tags,
and departed at $37.50 apiece.  I bought one of the two cartons of two each,
and the clerk asked whether that was all I wanted.  "Yeah,  I don't want to
be greedy",  I joked.  Then I got home and looked up the prices on expansion
track,  etc.  So,  I drove back Thursday and bought the other carton.

The clerk said that the sale is on for the entire month of August,  and the
sign was a big,  professional poster,  so I assume it's chain-wide.

Ran