 Marketplace / Shopping / 4735
Re: Ames 50% off clearance items...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:09:31 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, David W. Speck writes:
I believe this is a week-long sale, Ames is offering 50% clearance toys with
Red tags.  There's not a lot (at least in the stores I have been to - NY) -
and you have to look hard (for example, look behind all the boxes neatly
aligned at the front).  But I picked up 5976 River Expedition for $20 and an
early Ninja (?) dragon and minifig for $1.50.  Cyber Stingers were $16, if I
recall correctly.

One caveat to this.  I was at an Ames in Revere MA and they had about 4 5976's
2 had tags 2 did not.  You can only get the discount if they *have* a tag.  I
only really wanted 2 anyway and if I wanted to fight about it I could possible
have gotten the other 2.

Also this does not ring up at the register automatically so make sure you have
a circular with you (they are usually right by the entrance).

BTW the Cyber Stingers still wern't worth it at $16.

Thanks for the heads up David.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/