 Marketplace / Shopping / 4652
Re: e-bay time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 20:48:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Chuck Rex writes:

I was wondering if some other people could give me an example as to how long
they spend scanning e-bay Lego listings. I used to read all of them, everday,
but that was years ago, when the Lego listing was around 200 or so. As of now,
e-bay has 3,262 items listed for Lego. Even subtracting "s.w." and "star"
and "new" and others, there are a couple of thousand items up. Do others read
all of them?  How long does it take? Is it worth it? I can't even just pick
one theme, as I buy castle and pirate and town and.....

thanks-

Chuck

TOo long, but what I search for - limiting it to the Toys group - are the
following keywords, with new auctions first:

+lego +39*
+lego +29*
+lego +old
+lego +brown
+lego +tec*
+lego +train*
+lego +lb*
+lego +pound*
+lego +55*

I also look at a search only on "lego", sorted from highest to lowest bids

Since I have to stop bidding (Real Soon Now) and start sorting, I don't mind
sharing my secrets....

Paul Sinasohn