 Marketplace / Shopping / 4651
Re: e-bay time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:27:04 GMT

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Chuck Rex wrote:

I was wondering if some other people could give me an example as to how long
they spend scanning e-bay Lego listings. I used to read all of them, everday,
but that was years ago, when the Lego listing was around 200 or so. As of now,
e-bay has 3,262 items listed for Lego. Even subtracting "s.w." and "star"
and "new" and others, there are a couple of thousand items up. Do others read
all of them?  How long does it take? Is it worth it? I can't even just pick
one theme, as I buy castle and pirate and town and.....

There are certainly too many listings now to browse through them all in
one sitting.  One strategy (that I often employ) is to look at all of them
ending in the current 24 hour period.  With so many of the succesful bids
coming at the last minute, this isn't an unreasonable approach.  I'd
rather spend 10 minutes a day searching than 70 minutes one day a week.
Of course, this is also supplemented with item-specific searches, like a
6062 in my case.

Christopher