 Marketplace / Shopping / 4104
Re: Service Merchandise 40% off Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:37:57 GMT

I cleared out the only (sob) Service Merchandise in Austin yesterday.  Well,
not cleared - there is at least an insectoids and a cyberslam set still
sitting on the shelf.  It was pretty well picked through already.  Hopefully
in a few weeks when I make it up to DFW there will still be some stuff
available there.

It's kind of sad to see the store start to collapse like this.  They are
completely closing out there toy and electronic departments permanently.  I
asked them what they were replacing them with and they said "Nothing."  I
guess their kitchenware and jewelry still sells well, but there's little
reason for me to shop there anymore.  (I used to quite a bit, even when there
weren't sales...)

Naji

In lugnet.market.shopping, James J. Trobaugh writes:
Same here in Atlanta, I just picked up a trunk load of Ninja, Adventures and
some old Wild West guys. I don't know what I'll use it all for, but at 40%
off it was a deal.

jt

Bryan Kinkel wrote in message ...
Via http://collectibles.echostation.com/ I read that Service Merchandise is
having a 40% off Lego sale.

I checked out the SM on Route 202 in Delaware (just south of the PA border)
and they are indeed having a major toy blowout. I picked up the latest Red
Bucket and Silver Bucket for $10.98 total. Not a bad deal.

As far as other stock, they had a good amount of Egypt and Jungle
Adventurers, some small diver sets, some Wild West/Indians and lots of
Duplo. I left two Silver Buckets on the shelf.

Enjoy!

Bryan Kinkel
http://www.kinkel.net/lego