 Marketplace / Shopping / 3867
3866  |  3868
Subject:
FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 01:09:58 GMT

Hi:

Its been a good week for Lego finds and I had to share with
this group who will appreciate the magnitude of these finds.

I went to the local Goodwill last Sat during their 50% off sale
looking for lego, et al. Nothing left in the toy section at all
but on my way out sitting on a pile of clothes was an 8448 box!
I removed all of the masking tape sealing the box and found that
only 2 of the small boxes were even opened! Cost 55USD at 50% =
27.50. And I received a 10$ gift certificate for filling out my
freguent shopper card!

2 days later I stopped by another Goodwill close to my dentist
and they had a 974x Mindstorms v1.5! It didnt have a price and the cashier
looked and said this is a pretty big Lego set I'm going to have to
charge you 25$ (minus the 10$ gift certificate = 15$!!). The set had been
opened and there were pieces scattered everywhere but when I reassembled
the set at home using the parts list it turned out to be complete.

Finally to cap off the week I came home from work today to find a tube
from the UNHCR with a set of Lego posters. I had emailed them but I thought
the message bounced but here are the posters, shipped from Geneva!

I have tried to explain this to my wife but she just says "Oh thats
nice, honey", but Im sure you will understand.

Thanks

--Jim