 Marketplace / Shopping / 3859
Re: LEGO in Value City Department Stores?!?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 14:41:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Frank Filz writes:
Scott E. Sanburn wrote:

To All,

    I was in Value City in Flint, Michigan on Saturday, shopping for some
clothes, and I happen to stumble on the toy section. Not seeing any LEGO's
there, ever, I was surprised to find a few select sets: The UFO saucer with
the mask, the small Wild West sets, and the Bat Lord Traitor Transport. They
were all 50% off normal prices, but I didn't pick any up. For all of you in
Columbus, it is called Schotensteins(SP?), which is the same store.

It definitely seems like Value City is worth being on the watch list.
Last year, I bought Technic Shuttles from a Value City in Danville VA
for $70 or so. They had several other sets (I think about the same
selection Scott mentioned).

Does anyone know how widespread this chain is?

They're headquartered in Columbus, OH, and are located in primarily the
midwest, east, and southeast.  Most of the stores are in Ohio, Michigan,
Pennsylvania, and Illinois.

I've seen Lego in the stores in Cleveland, as well, though I've been
underwhelmed by the selection.  I did get a Future car from one once though.

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html