 Marketplace / Shopping / 3643
Re: Q: A good Deal? Pitsco-Dacta Window and Door Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:12:49 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

In lugnet.market.shopping, Andrew Lynch writes:

What about the Dacta Roof Tiles pack, number W779265? It is also listed at $27
US.  Does anyone have a piece breakdown of this pack?

Check out the LUGNET description - it's the same as 4 (or 5, I forget) of
a smaller roof tiles pack, and the description for that pack (IIRC) has
the part breakdown.

Yep, 9265 is basically 5 copies of 633, the parts breakdown for 633 is
on Brickshelf as the "instructions" for the set. The tidbit of 5 copies
of 633 came from me, when I got a 9265, I also had received some 633
recently, and when I opened one of the 5 bags in 9265, the parts were
exactly the same quantities as 633 (which makes sense, why have two
different packaging sequences for such a set).

This is a great set because you get the 3x3 low roof corners.

I am coming from a Technic/MindStorms background, and I am starting to
crossover into my other love, which is medieval/fantasty style castles, and I
have very little in the way of Minifig sized windows and doors, and roofing
materials.

If you're looking for medieval-style doors I can't really recommend the
DACTA pack - the doors in there are very 'modern'.  The windows are pretty
modern too, to my eyes, but you can definitely use them in medieval
structures - check out Eric Kingsley's Inn as an example.  (Er.. it's
linked somewhere from http://www.nelug.org, I think.)

I think the S@H service pack may be a little better for doors and
windows, though I've never seen a parts listing for the Dacta pack to
compare.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com