 Marketplace / Shopping / 3642
Re: Q: A good Deal? Pitsco-Dacta Window and Door Pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:32:27 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Andrew Lynch writes:

What about the Dacta Roof Tiles pack, number W779265? It is also listed at $27
US.  Does anyone have a piece breakdown of this pack?

Check out the LUGNET description - it's the same as 4 (or 5, I forget) of
a smaller roof tiles pack, and the description for that pack (IIRC) has
the part breakdown.

I am coming from a Technic/MindStorms background, and I am starting to
crossover into my other love, which is medieval/fantasty style castles, and I
have very little in the way of Minifig sized windows and doors, and roofing
materials.

If you're looking for medieval-style doors I can't really recommend the
DACTA pack - the doors in there are very 'modern'.  The windows are pretty
modern too, to my eyes, but you can definitely use them in medieval
structures - check out Eric Kingsley's Inn as an example.  (Er.. it's
linked somewhere from http://www.nelug.org, I think.)

If you're looking for a lot of good castle parts at a great price, I'd
suggest the 6097 Night Lord's Castle - you can get this for about $30 from
KBKids.com right now. (At least, I'm pretty sure the sale is still on.)