 Marketplace / Shopping / 3555
Re: TRU cupon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:34:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Dennis Williamson wrote in message <38EFAD70.AA7654D@SPAM.netstrata.com>...
In the two stores I've been in, it didn't recognize the connection between • the
set and the coupon either, but the store honored it anyway and even for • multiple
units (the coupon is worded so that it's supposed to be $10 off the total, • but
the fine print says that the coupon can be used for multiples).

It's good to hear stores using intelligence and applying coupons logically.
During the last K-Mart BOGO sale, I discovered a 6899 Nebula Outpost and
picked another $19.99 set to match it up with. The computer didn't give the
sale automatically, and I had to pull teeth at customer service to get the
sale (the clerk tried the line that it was "LEGO System" which was different
from "LEGO").

I also had a conditionally good experience at Zany Brainy last night. In
order to make space for the Football sets, they had to do a lot of
re-arranging, and ended up putting the 3053 Emperor's Stronghold sets on the
same end cap as the 6089 Stone Tower Bridge and the 5533 Red Fury. I noticed
that some of the sets were priced differently, but it didn't register that
the sale was on the Stone Tower Bridge (despite having looked at the sale a
week ago, and deciding just to get a couple Red Furies), so I picked up a
couple 3053. When the clerk rang them up, I didn't notice the $24.99 come
up, so I asked about it, and she said, oh, it's the other set that's on
sale, but then realized what had happened and gave me the $24.99 price. The
"conditionally" comes in in that I need to return to the store. She
accidentally overrode the price of one of the 3403 sets (priced at
$14.99)... The total does come out less, but doesn't match a K-Mart BOGO
sale for the 3053 (my total was only $5 less), so I need to go back, and get
them to fix the prices (and if they at that time don't want to still give me
the $24.99 for the 3053, I'll just return them). Hopefully I won't have to
pull teeth to get the thing fixed (it does mark the overrode prices with a
"*").

Frank