 Marketplace / Shopping / 3249
Re: TRU has old: DUPLO 2794 home, Spyrius, Cowboys, Pirates, Mummy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 20:13:36 GMT

I went back to "The TRU that time forgot" and cleaned it out.

Well, not actually. I had to ride the bus home so I shopped accordingly.

Some Technic goodies I left there were:
8858 Rebel Wrecker 1994 $60
8250 Search Sub 1997 (no price)
8437 Future Car 1997 (too high up)

Most other goodies I picked up to fill requests for stuff.

TRU's new non-clearance policy has come into play with old stock, too. The most
they would discount anything not in the computer is $10. In the past they used
to go 50% on prehistoric inventory.

I have to wonder if my Lego buying spree got some attention because several
things were updated in the computer scanner. Adventurers and Outback got price
cuts this week. Some other sets were deleted. For example they deleted 6959
Lunar Launch Base which was at $30 for 274 pieces, and now the manager says it's
clearance price is $40 based on a $50 list price. I don't think it ever sold for
$50. Good luck selling that now.