 Marketplace / Shopping / 3170
TRU has old: DUPLO 2794 home, Spyrius, Cowboys, Pirates, Mummy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:11:01 GMT

A TRU store by my home has a lot of "recent old stock". It was a real
mess, but I found some gems sorting through it. Some of them were
attractive when I was last there in 1998!  If anyone is interested in
stuff, I could pick it up. Not much is discounted but I might try
negotiating with the manager if I had interested people lined up.

There were 2 copies of this cute item:

2794 2x DUPLO Family House 1994

It's a home floor plan with interior walls, furniture & food, microwave,
and a hint of pink roof. There was no price on it, so I'd have to haggle...
Today was not a haggling day.

The Neat Things:

6959 2x $40 (reg) Spyrius Lunar Launch Site
6765 8x $50 (reg) Gold City Junction
6755 2x $20 (20%) Sheriff's Lockup
6278 2x $55 (17%) Enchanted Island
6958 1x $30 (reg) Exploriens Android Base
6928 8x $20 (reg) Exploriens Scorpion Detector "Deluxe" (fancy display)
6982 4x $70 (20%) Explorien Starship

Some Race sets: 2x Wave Jump Racers ($20)  6568 Drag Race Rally ($30)
Some Technic stuff like 8250, I've no memory for Technic. There were
some pre-96 sets. Lots of WW like Boulder Creek Canyon ($35) but also
Gold City Junction! And Special Boxes--pity them! OK: Adventurers
Egypt box, and the Mummy case ($20).

There was a ton of Divers, Aquanauts, Hydronauts, Stingrays, UFO, Time
Cruisers, Insectoids, Roboforce, Fright Knights, so I didn't bother
noting it. It will probably still be there in 2002. I gotta tell you,
this is the slowest TRU I have ever toured, it's like a time capsule.

All of their little boxes seemed pretty common stuff, and TRU hardly discounts
them.

I picked up the following:

4163 1x $30 (15%) Freestyle Electric
6281 1x $35 (50%) Pirates Perilous Pitfall
6769 1x $70 (20%) Fort Legoredo

Not much had changed since my last visit there in 1998, except some 6090s
moved out, which I would have bought this time. They still had
a 6105 knights for me (yum.)  What I want to know is, what hole did the 50%
off pirates crawl out of?