 Marketplace / Shopping / 2408
2407  |  2409
Subject:
VAT reduction from the Entertainer? (thetoyshop.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 20:02:42 GMT

Hello,

If you are in the USA and if you ordered from
The Entertainer (www.thetoyshop.com)
did they reduce the prices to remove the VAT
like Busy Bee does?

Does the VAT reduction happen automatically
at checkout, or do you have to call them
to ask for it after placing the online order?

Less importantly:
Also, when removing the VAT, do you know
if the posted price is reduced by 17.5%
(i.e. multiply the posted price by 0.825)
OR
is the VAT 17.5% of the before-tax price
(i.e. multiply the posted price by
1 / 1.175 = 0.851 to get the reduced price.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed
on these issues.

/Eric McCarthy/