 Marketplace / Shopping / 2289
Re: What is the best deal on Mindstorms right now?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:40:42 GMT

I found one today at Target for $50!  Also got 4 DDKs for $25 each.

I cleaned out every target in the area (4 of them) except for the one that
had 6 DDKs at %59.90.  I will get them next week when they hit $25.  My wife
is supposed to get the ones down in Visalia/Hanford today.

Mike

PS:  If you get a 1.0 RCX, I will trade a 1.5 for it.  I need the power
adapter ability for it, since I will be running trains and don't want to
deal with batteries.

Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message
I was wondering what the best way to get Mindstorms is right now.  Are • there
any stores with excellent sales on?  Is eBay a good way to go?

Also, since I don't know much about it, what should I start with?  RCX • 1.0?
1.5?  Robotics Invention kit?

Thanks.

--

Paul Davidson