 Marketplace / Shopping / 227
Re: 25% Off - KB ToyWorks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:06:23 GMT

Bryan Kinkel wrote:

The Harrisburg PA 3.28 Sunday paper contained a KB Toy Works flyer. 25% off
ALL Legos. The ad pictured Star Wars Legos. My wife and I stopped in around
1:00 at the Colonial Commons KB Toy Works and I was pleasantly surprised to
find the SW Legos! At 25% off! Very nice.

They also had all SW toys at 25% off as well.

   The problem with KB and its various units is that they
   have standard prices $1-$5 higher than even the TRU
   norms.  Thus, the benefit of 25% off is lessened--all
   items are already 10% more expensive.  I went to the
   KB Toy Works in Piscataway NJ today, and found
   this--I'm sorry, but I'm not paying $3.75 for Scorpion
   Trackers under the guise of "25% off."

   Incidentally, Wal-Mart just down the street from
   there (on Centennial Ave, near Middlesex Mall
   in Piscataway, NJ--exit 5, I-287 South) has a
   whole MESS of V-Wing Fighters (6836) for $2
   apiece--half price.  They've also got about five
   6556 Scuba Squad sets for $4/each.

   Oh, and the Star Wars LEGO is almost gone
   in New Brunswick--it only took two days.

   LFB.