 Marketplace / Shopping / 2209
Re: Price at local Value City Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.western
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:10:10 GMT

Anthony Kummer wrote in message ...

Just curious, where are you located?

I live in Southern Indiana, just a few minutes north of Lousiville KY. The
value city has only a few lego sets. But they all seam cheap/ I was • thinking
of buying that set to make peasants for my Castle themed Kingdom.

I haven't checked any of the Value City Stores in Louisville, I know there • are
atleast 3 more.

It sounds like it might be worthwhile. I'll have to watch out for more Value
Cities. I just stopped in on the one in VA the first time I went up there
(on a report of the TRU there having lots of older stuff - came home with a
carload). I saw the VC and decided to see what it was, and was about to go
away mostly unsatisfied (with a few 6712, I passed on the 6799 since I
already had several and had got them for less than VC's price) and then
turned around and looked up, and saw the stack of 8480s (which luckily I had
decided NOT to buy at MSRP at the TRU...), and took two. I then went back a
few weeks later and got the last three.

Frank