 Marketplace / Shopping / 1878
Re: Meijer 25% off SW Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:41:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
To All,

I stopped by the Meijer on Hill Road in Flint Michigan on the way back
to Ann Arbor, m friend who works there said they had the 2000 sets in.
Sure enough, they had them, and a bonus is that they are all 25% off
through the 24th. They also had the Droid Fighter on clearance. as well.
I have never seen LEGO on sale so much in my lifetime. Is anyone else
noticing this? Is this a good or bad sign?

Scott S.

Yes, I've noticed a lot of sales.  I would think this is a good sign, since
they are still stocking the shelves with new sets.  The sale is not just on
the older sets.  I think the stores are recognizing that legos are "premium"
toys that they can lure buyers in with, so they are putting them on sale.

It occurs to me as I'm writing this, that another way to help TLC is to buy
Lego as gifts whenever the situation comes up.  With the holiday sales in full
swing, now would be a good time to stock up.

Steve Martin