 Marketplace / Shopping / 1879
Re: ZB deals
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:53:31 GMT

Andreas Stabno wrote:

My local Zany Brainy had nine 4565 Trains and around 15-20 8480 Shuttles left
yesterday.  Wish I could afford to buy them all, but my wife already grimaced
when I brought home two loads of shopping bags.

  Prices (tax already factored in):

  4565:  $85.27
  8480:  $47.97

Why are these prices so good?  It my local ZB the 4565 (pretax) is
$100ish and the 8480 is $75ish.  They also had a sign up saying 20% off
any one LEGO set but they wouldn't apply that to the sale prices.  (Even
though neither the sale ad nor the signage said that they couldn't be
combined with other deals.)

This is the Zany Brainy in Independence, Missouri which can be contacted at
(816) 795-0522.  If you speak with the manager, please mention my name.

Hmm...I'll be in Missouri over Xmas, maybe a 3-hr detour would be OK...

Chris