 Marketplace / Shopping / 1698
Re: Star Wars Lego 40% off at K-mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 23:17:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Joe Davenport writes:
Hi All,

Sunday morning I was at two local K-marts because of the buy 1 get 1 50%
off sale.  To my happy surprise, the Star Wars sets rung up at the 20%
off prices!  With the 50% off the 2nd set, that averaged out to 40% off
regular prices for both sets!  Has anyone else noticed this, or was it a
local fluke?

   A little of both.  I had this happen the other week--they
   still had the "buy one, get 50% off another" signs up and
   everything rang up at 20% off, so I called them on it and
   they honoured the dual-sale.  I haven't had it happen on
   the register, however!  It was nice to get the Tie/Y and
   Gungan Sub for 40% off, though--on that I'll definitely
   and unquestioningly agree.

   Strangely, K*Mart has become something of the "guardian of
   reasonable prices" on the SW Lego line.  I never thought I'd
   see the day when TRU and K*Mart were the only chains *not*
   gouging for this theme--even ZB has jacked up the prices.

   best,

   Lindsay