 Marketplace / Shopping / 1687
Re: 8480 at zanybrainy in Columbus Ohio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:24:13 GMT

"Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message
news:3848810B.56D8F19A@pilot.msu.edu...
Nuts, I was gonna be the one to post 'em--but it's confirmed, I got a • flyer at ZB
this evening.  $74.99 from 5-11 December!  I predicted this a few weeks • back, and
darn it feels good to be right!  But I'm not sure about the 75% off; the • Neptune
Discovery Labs and Interstellar Starfighters are still hanging around • despite
having been discounted once before, and they haven't gone to 75% yet.

I bought one at the Redmond, WA store.  They had about 10-15 left on the
floor.  I bought it at 10:15am on 12/5 and it appeared that a few had
already been bought.

I wonder...will the sale also be on at zanybrainy.com, and can we use a % • off code
to buy a ton of 'em?  :)

I checked that before going out to the store (Redmond isn't that close to my
house), but they didn't list 8480.

8480 is a great set so far.  I think it is the most technically complex set
that I've owned.

I considered buying a few extra to dump on eBay in a year or two, but
decided against it.

alex