 Marketplace / Shopping / 1350
1349  |  1351
Subject:
ZB has Technic Space Shuttles?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 03:24:35 GMT

Hey everyone,

I was in my local Zany Brainy today and noticed that, among all the
flotsam being unpacked (read Pokemon), there were almost *35* Technic
Space Shuttles.  None were priced.  I took one up to the cashier and she
said rather confidently "Oh, those are $79.99 each."  I asked her to
scan it to confirm, and she did--and was surprised to report to me that
they were listed at $149.99.

However, I have a feeling that they're much like the UFO Interstellar
Starfighters and Neptune Discovery Labs ZB got a month or two ago; all
the stores get them, and a couple of weeks later, they run a sale at
about 1/2 off to blow them out.  Her sureness (and her response when I
asked her outright) indicates that these sets will probably "suffer" the
same fate.

So the purpose of this post is just a "heads-up" to watch your local ZB
for both the shuttles and the sale--and if you have any valid coupons,
hang on to them for a few weeks; they may come in handy...

best,

LFB

---

Lindsay Frederick Braun