 Marketplace / Shopping / 12589
Re: Lego and the theif
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:29:48 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:
Just finished reading the internet paper and look what I found. I thought it was
just an average article about theives, but guess what. Lego is in it.

In November, William Swanberg, 40, of Reno, Nev., was arrested and accused of
stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of Legos from stores throughout
the country by changing their scannable bar codes. He did particularly well with
the Star Wars Millennium Falcon Lego sets; officials found 56 of the sets in
Swanberg’s car at the time of his arrest.

“You can take a $100 Lego set and put a $5 PCP code on it," Abney said. "Even if
it sells for $75, the thief makes good money.”

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/1213toyland.html

This is old news from last year.  It made the evening news and cnn.