 Marketplace / Shopping / 12509
Re: TRU and Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Larry Lesser wrote:
   Any one else notice that TRU is starting to take on the same price practice that KB does. Some sets are lower then TLG, but then most of the sets are available for a buck or two more. For example the heavy hauler is 26.99 at TRU, but I can find it at TLG for 24.99.

TRU should learn that if you over price your stuff that people will find a new place to buy. In most states it is cheaper to buy from Lego directly and pay the shipping then to buy it locally.

TRU is you are reading this, lower the prices make it worth my wild to buy at your stores.

What does everyone else think?

Larry

I think TRU is becoming the new KB. Here is a great example:

V-Wing Fighter (6205) List Price: $19.99 Our Price: $9.99 (50% off)

TRU: link

S@H: link

However MSRP and the Shop@Home price for 6205 is $9.99, so here again we are seeing fake discounts, just like KB used to do!

-Jason