 Marketplace / Shopping / 12426
Re: Factory, questions & comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 22:46:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Also, can someone tell me how to turn of the "smoking feature" when you want
to take a "snapshot" of things you are building things that shouldnt
smoke...

I believe all the smoking bricks are available in other categories without
smoke.  They're just kind of poorly organized.

First of all, there seems to be a huge delay in time span from the time
someone mentioned a moc or set available, until they show up in the
gallery... for example, I just noticed that Bram's balls showed up, and when
looking for the Savethe9vTrain stuff... I could find the fig in the gallery
but not the train container (although I could find some other containers, by
another user.)

You have to actively add your designs to the gallery.  WHen you hit the
brick->world icon in LDD, it'll take you to a page where one of the options is
"submit to gallery" (requires a Lego club login).  After that, you have to wait
a day or so for them to approve your submission.

Which makes me believe that we are going to have trouble finding
sets we want to purchase, if say, we want to purchase them 6 months
from now.

There is the option to search by builder if you know someone's username.

and neglected to touch on, (only from what I can assume) that there is a
moderated time delay before you can even get the cost for your own designs.

I don't think there is...but I do think that there were a couple bumps earlier
this week with some parts in the palette not being priced properly online and
causing problems.

My beef (well, one of them) is that there are no links to the gallery anywhere
unless you're on the main Factory page.
--Bram