 Marketplace / Shopping / 12122
Re: 8455 Backhoe possibly available at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 06:06:43 GMT

I don't know what anyone else gets in other countries, but in Australia,
it's listed as "Sorry, item is not available in this country."  And having
seen 8455 around for some two years prior to when it went on special and
then was unavailable, I can say I would be interested in seeing this set
available again in Australia.

"Dennis Coh" <dennisc888@gmailSTOPSPAM.com> wrote in message
(Hi, my first Lugnet post here...)

I just noticed today that the 8455 Backhoe Loader was available on S@H
today.  I
placed an order for one, and afterwards I saw that its item listing now
says
"Call to check product availability".  Not sure if I got the last one (I
hope my
order goes through!), but people who missed out on this set might want to
check
with S@H to see if they can still get this.

https://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8455

Related question:

Does S@H usually give any kind of warning when a set is about to be
discontinued, such as with a "Hard to Find" or "Limited quantities" type
classification?  Or is it often the case that sets simply disappear or go
Sold
Out and never return?

The only warning I know of is if a set gets listed on the "Sales and Deals"
page, that it usually goes to "Call to check product availabilty" and then
to Sold out", depending on the amount of discount applied to it.  Items
which have had low discounts or are not too popular have hung around for
months on end, notably in the big US market.

I recently emerged from my dark ages, and I've been trying to catch up
with lost
time, but it's starting to get pretty durned expensive. :)  So I was
wondering
if it's usually safe to wait awhile for items to go on sale.

All I know is if you get in early, when something goes on special, you will
usually get your order filled and shipped.  It is sometimes possible to find
out how many they have of an item on the phone if it is still "Call to check
product availability" but there's no guarantee that there will be any of
that item left.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde