 Marketplace / Shopping / 12121
12120  |  12122
Subject:
8455 Backhoe possibly available at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 22:32:18 GMT

(Hi, my first Lugnet post here...)

I just noticed today that the 8455 Backhoe Loader was available on S@H today.  I
placed an order for one, and afterwards I saw that its item listing now says
"Call to check product availability".  Not sure if I got the last one (I hope my
order goes through!), but people who missed out on this set might want to check
with S@H to see if they can still get this.

https://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=8455

Related question:

Does S@H usually give any kind of warning when a set is about to be
discontinued, such as with a "Hard to Find" or "Limited quantities" type
classification?  Or is it often the case that sets simply disappear or go Sold
Out and never return?

I recently emerged from my dark ages, and I've been trying to catch up with lost
time, but it's starting to get pretty durned expensive. :)  So I was wondering
if it's usually safe to wait awhile for items to go on sale.

Dennis