 Marketplace / Shopping / 11813
Re: Best / cheapest way to buy Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, <liz@bookwyrmz.com> wrote:
Our Toys R Us has them for $99 (2.0)

Ok, since I see the dam about to burst from this announcement...  If your TRU
does not have any of these, then go to the Customer Service Desk and ask nicely
(very nicely) if they would look up a SKN number and see if any other stores
nearby have any in stock. Once they look this up, it would be up to you to
actually call the store and see if they *really* have them. The TRU computer
system seems to be divided up by regions, so depending on where you are, you
might have to call another store if you are close to the boundry line between
regions. My region covers all of FL, GA, AL, SC, NC, PR and parts of VA, TN, KY
and MS.

The TRU SKN/SKU number for the RIS 2.0 is 88-0000.

best of luck, Ray