 Marketplace / Shopping / 11811
Re: More KB stores closing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 01:19:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:
Interesting.

Yes.  The three that were conveniently located for me to shop at closed in the
last batch, and the one remaining one that's sort of out of the way for me is on
the "maybe" list.  *sigh*

If anything that might take a little of the pressure off TRU.

Maybe if it turns out that this is actually a list of Wal-Marts that are due to
close.  KB is probably tied with K-Mart for being the bottom rung of the
nation-wide toy retailers, and they mostly deal in either closeout product (much
of which was probably returned by TRU stores), or seriously overpriced new
product.

I see several of those stores that I recognize as being in TRU markets.

Not surprising, since nearly every KB store is located in a mall, and I've seen
a few TRU stores in areas that didn't have malls, but I can't remember seeing
malls in areas that didn't have TRU stores.