 Marketplace / Shopping / 11710
Re: why no pirates in the U.S.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:04:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Joe Strout wrote:
Why is it that a search for "pirate" at Shop At Home brings up a bunch of pirate
kits, all marked "Sorry, item is not available in this country"?  Is the entire
pirate line only sold in Europe, or what (and why)?

I hope this is an appropriate forum for this question -- I thought about posting
to lego.direct, but after much searching, I was entirely unable to figure out
what the heck "LEGO Direct" is.  If someone could toss a newbie a clue I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks,
- Joe

Odd...I swore I saw them at K-Mart just last week, in the US. I am almost
positive they are available here. LEGO has pretty much ended doing
"US-only"/"Europe only" sets outside of promotional sets.