 Marketplace / Shopping / 1170
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:18:45 GMT

Folks,

I don't think this belongs in loc.uk any more.

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Jasper Janssen (<383bacc7.242438643@lugnet.com>)
wrote at 11:50:50

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:44:37 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

I'll address this more fully in response to Larry's post, which,
while wrong, was a bit more thought-out than this one.  :)

You know, he's saying exactly the same thing I thought, and then
figured you'd be smart enough to infer from the smart-arse reply.
Guess not.

I'll explain more fully: You don't have _any_ right to a _promotion_
cheap DVD, other than what the selling organisation grants you. The
selling organisation assumes that if one person in a household
purchases something there, they're likely to tell the other persons of
the household about the place they found, and thus they will increase
their full-price sales. You are, in effect, cheating them. I don't
think there's anything legally wrong with it (though, in the US court
system, who can tell?), but it's certainly morally wrong.

Jasper

--
Tony Priestman