 Marketplace / Shopping / 11100
Re: fao.com insane shipping charges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 04:19:55 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:HrCysI.v0q@lugnet.com...

This item is shipped via truck and has a delivery surcharge, in addition • to
regular delivery charges. $153.00 will be added to each item at checkout.
2nd

153 USD to ship it domestically? Who are they kidding?

I guess we know why they are going out of business, eh?  Shipping the set by
truck is insanely stupid.  It's not so big or so heavy that UPS or FedEX
can't handle it.  Sending stuff truck freight is expensive and a logistical
nightmare.  Try getting Yellow Frieght to drive one of their 18-Wheelers
into a residential neighborhood for delivery!

Troy