 Marketplace / Shopping / 11099
11098  |  11100
Subject:
fao.com insane shipping charges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 03:53:06 GMT

From the fao.com site:

- start -

Lego Star Wars Blockade Runner
Price: $220.00   $110.00

Product Number: 61051231

From the original Star Wars movie comes Rebel Blockade Runner, a realistic scale
model made up of more than 1,700 pieces, including those of LEGO’s brand-new
dark red color. 28"w x 11"h x 7"d assembled. Ages 14 and up.
This item is shipped via truck and has a delivery surcharge, in addition to
regular delivery charges. $153.00 will be added to each item at checkout. 2nd
day or Next Day delivery is not available. For premium in-home delivery,
unpacking, and removal of all packaging material and other special delivery
arrangements, please call 800.232.7326.

- end -

153 USD to ship it domestically? Who are they kidding? Or is it because they'll
assemble it for you? If so, that's nutty too. Assembling a LEGO set sort of
misses the point, ne?

++Lar