 Marketplace / Shopping / 110
  Ok, I take it back...

<follow-up set to market.shopping> Ok, I take back everything I've said about the availability of SW sets, and apologize to all those whose warnings of scalpers I've scoffed at... It seems (due to a TRU employee, who will remain nameless, and (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ok, I take it back...

What a shock! S@H in the US indicated that on normal items they receive a very small percentage of the actual sets produced, however on Star Wars sets they did increase their initial "orders" and since have increased them even more. I was one of (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  S@H has greater share of sets? (was Re: Ok, I take it back...

(...) Who said that? Answer offline if you want (I know who a few of the folks there are)... This is very very interesting. Is it possible that we're more significant to S@H than we realised? After all, it was us that did a lot of the very very (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Ok, I take it back...

According to someone at my local TRU they should be getting their shipment mid-March. I really don't know but I hope so. Ryan (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ok, I take it back...

I have heard everything from March to May to July from a few stores, including Target, TRU, Meijer, etc. UGH! Well, we will wait and see, I am betting sometime in April. I am still looking eagerly, however... Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H has greater share of sets? (was Re: Ok, I take it back...

(...) receive a (...) sets (...) even (...) It was the lady I normally speak with; she seems pretty knowledgable compared to most of the ladies at S@H. They increased the orders very early on due to the demand. I have not seen them up close yet and (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)